Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Wim Kerkhoff <wi...@merilus.com> on 2001/05/05 12:48:14 UTC

Re: Problems blanking textarea

Chris Mayes wrote:

> Hi.
>
> While the auto-prefill for form fields is neat, I'd like to be able to
> disable it, sometimes...
>
> Basically, I have a form that submits to itself.  I don't want the submitted
> values to show up in the form, again.  So, I set value="",  This works for
> stuff that's type "text," but the textarea field gets filled despite the
> blank value.
>
> How do I prevent the textarea from being filled without disabling prefills
> entirely (They can be really nice, sometimes)?

Try adding this line to the beginning of add.html somewhere:

 [- $optDisableInputScan = 1 -]

If you only want to do this temporarily, you can simply use

 [- $optDisableInputScan = 1 -]

to turn it back on.

From:
<http://perl.apache.org/embperl/Embperl.pod.3.html#EMBPERL_OPTIONS>

Wim Kerkhoff, Software Engineer
Merilus, Inc.  -|- http://www.merilus.com
Email: wim@merilus.com

Re: Problems blanking textarea

Posted by Chris Mayes <cm...@cmayes.dyndns.org>.
Sure, those fixes will work.  I just wasn't sure whether the fill algorithm
was supposed to ignore a field's value attribute...  Since it caught the
text-type field's value def, I thought that it would/should do the same for
a textarea.

It's no big deal.  It's easy to work around :-)

Thanks,

-Chris

P.S. Very impressive response time!  Thanks, guys.