Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Darryl <da...@vis.co.za> on 2001/04/24 12:08:56 UTC

Session invalidate()

Hi all,

Quick question about session.invalidate(). I created a login management
framework that works fine but for one problem. When I introduce the
session.invalidate() command for when the user logs out, naturally, all
the Struts-required beans in the session are destroyed so a
mapping.findforward("success") will also, naturally, fail.

Given these obvious consequences, surely someone out there has dealt
with this before. How does one invalidate a session without hozing all
your Struts objects placed in the session... or better put, how does
Struts implement session invalidation.

thanks,
Darryl

P.S. I did search the archived messages that I have but couldn't find
anything dealing with this topic.

Re: Session invalidate()

Posted by Darryl <da...@vis.co.za>.
Sorry all. Please ignore my previous post. My assumptions were completely
wrong. You can use invalidate() since mapping variables are in application
scope, and in fact I had already put an invalidate() in my code which was
why the second invalidate() I added was throwing an exception.  Sorry
about the brainfart.

- Darryl