Posted to notifications@jclouds.apache.org by ANKUR PRAKASH GARGI <no...@github.com> on 2015/04/29 19:41:52 UTC

[jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Corrected link to Azure portal
Corrected instructions as they were not fully correct.
Aligned code to jclouds version 1.9.0 and removed deprecated methods. For example, createInputStreamMap() was deprecated in version 1.6.0
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163

-- Commit Summary --

  * Update azure-storage.md

-- File Changes --

    M guides/azure-storage.md (61)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163.diff

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by ANKUR PRAKASH GARGI <no...@github.com>.
>  		* Primary Access Key is the key you use in jclouds
>  3. Ensure you are using a recent JDK 6
>  4. Setup your project to include `azureblob`
>  	* Get the dependency `org.apache.jclouds.provider/azureblob` using jclouds [Installation](/start/install).
> -5. Start coding
> +5. Setup your project to include 'guava'. Include following dependency to jclouds [Installation](/start/install). Update the version mentioned in dependency below to the latest available version.
> +	<dependency>
> +		<groupId>com.google.guava</groupId>
> +		<artifactId>guava</artifactId>
> +		<version>18.0</version>
> +	</dependency>

Ok. My assumption was that you would typically use latest version to avoid problems.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163/files#r29400250

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by Ankur Gargi <no...@github.com>.
Yes. It is updated. Thanks.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163#issuecomment-98037884

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by ANKUR PRAKASH GARGI <no...@github.com>.
Please correct Java highlighting before committing. I have trouble correcting it. Apologies for extra work.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163#issuecomment-97515561

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
Made minor markdown changes, pushed to master as 7dc23775245b6754aff0cc2910030b8182c16cca, and deployed.  Thank you for your contribution @agargi!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163#issuecomment-97677910

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by ANKUR PRAKASH GARGI <no...@github.com>.
Updated code to do the following:
1. Hoist Strings at start of the code
2. Change version number for guava to 16.0

Pls see that it's my first open source contribution. Apologies for extra trouble.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163#issuecomment-97644601

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
BTW you do not need to open new pull requests for every change; you can push on top of your branch via:

```
git push origin +patch-1
```

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163#issuecomment-97576229

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
>  		* Primary Access Key is the key you use in jclouds
>  3. Ensure you are using a recent JDK 6
>  4. Setup your project to include `azureblob`
>  	* Get the dependency `org.apache.jclouds.provider/azureblob` using jclouds [Installation](/start/install).
> -5. Start coding
> +5. Setup your project to include 'guava'. Include following dependency to jclouds [Installation](/start/install). Update the version mentioned in dependency below to the latest available version.
> +	<dependency>
> +		<groupId>com.google.guava</groupId>
> +		<artifactId>guava</artifactId>
> +		<version>18.0</version>
> +	</dependency>

Is this true?  jclouds should only require Guava 16.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163/files#r29377219

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by ANKUR PRAKASH GARGI <no...@github.com>.

> -// when you need access to azureblob-specific features, use the provider-specific context
> -AzureBlobClient client = AzureBlobClient.class.cast(context.getProviderSpecificContext().getApi());
> +// When you need access to azureblob-specific features, use the provider-specific context
> +AzureBlobClient azureBlobClient = context.unwrapApi(AzureBlobClient.class);
> +Object object = azureBlobClient.getBlobProperties("<Your container name>", "<Your blob name>" );

ok. Will make this change and re-submit.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163/files#r29400294

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by Ankur Gargi <no...@github.com>.
Andrew, Changes do not seem to be merged as these are reflected at link below. Can you pls help?

http://jclouds.apache.org/guides/azure-storage/

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163#issuecomment-98029311

Re: [jclouds-site] Update azure-storage.md (#163)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.

> -// when you need access to azureblob-specific features, use the provider-specific context
> -AzureBlobClient client = AzureBlobClient.class.cast(context.getProviderSpecificContext().getApi());
> +// When you need access to azureblob-specific features, use the provider-specific context
> +AzureBlobClient azureBlobClient = context.unwrapApi(AzureBlobClient.class);
> +Object object = azureBlobClient.getBlobProperties("<Your container name>", "<Your blob name>" );

Hoist these "<...>" strings into Strings?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/163/files#r29377302