Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/25 16:16:32 UTC

Losing Request Parameters

I'm writing an app that uses JSP for presentation and
a servlet for dispatching and forwarding.  (I went
down this path because of problems with Struts, but
that's another mailing list.)

Every JSP has a hidden input named "source" that
identifies the page.  All submit buttons have the name
"action".  The servlet takes the "source" and "action"
parameters out of the request and maps them to a JSP
page that is forwarded the request using
RequestDispatcher.forward().

I have a situation with one page that has three text
boxes for input that I want forwarded on to another
page.  I can see from the servlet log file that my
source and action parameters arrive just fine, along
with the three text box names and values.

I'm using JSTL tags in my JSP.  When I enter the
forwarded page I print out the source, action, and
three parameters.  The source and action arrive just
fine, but the three parameters are lost enroute.

What have I done to the three parameters?  Has anyone
seen such a thing before?  - MOD