Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by javaxmlsoapdev <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/02 18:01:43 UTC

Embedded ActiveMQ vs. running it standalone

I am just starting to use ActiveMQ 4.x latest with Spring 2.0. Since I am new
to ActiveMQ, wanted to understand pros and cons of using ActiveMQ as
embedded in Spring and running ActiveMQ standalone. Would it be more easier
to manage, adminster ActiveMQ activities, if it's configured outside spring
(not embedded)? What are the pluses of using it embedded in Spring.

Re: Embedded ActiveMQ vs. running it standalone

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Depends on what you are doing.  Starting standalone is usually the
simplest most vanilla way so I would recommend that.

On 8/3/06, javaxmlsoapdev <vi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> so what is your recommendation? Should we run ActiveMQ embedded to Spring or
> stand alone?

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Embedded ActiveMQ vs. running it standalone

Posted by javaxmlsoapdev <vi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Running embedded is usually only done as an optimization, a deployment
requirement, or because you want to support a dynamic configuration of
activemq and you want your app to be able change the activemq
configuration on the fly.