Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Alessio Bernesco Làvore <al...@iol.it> on 2003/07/23 15:58:32 UTC

Re: Still problem building 2.3 (no more basePrefix error)

Trying to build turbine from CVS i receive this error:

jakarta-turbine-2/target/src/org/apache/turbine/services/security/
torque/om/TurbinePermission.java:12:
org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.om.TurbinePermission should
be declared abstract;

I've followed every step written in the how-to, solving a lot of
problems... but this still remains.

The only difference i've found from the tutorial is that i'm using
torque-alpha3-dev.

Regards,
alessio.

Re: Still problem building 2.3 (no more basePrefix error)

Posted by Alessio Bernesco Làvore <al...@iol.it>.
On Giovedì, lug 24, 2003, at 10:38 Europe/Rome, Henning P.
Schmiedehausen wrote:

> http://jakarta.apache.org/~henning/turbine/turbine-2.3-dev-20030724.jae
> (cut)
> Built from the HEAD about five minutes ago.
Thank you very much... my problem still remain but, at least, thanks to
you, now i'm not under the "build pressure"... wondering why i'm not
able to build from sources... :(

> 	Regards
> 		Henning,
thanks a lot,
alessio.

Re: Still problem building 2.3 (no more basePrefix error)

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Alessio_Bernesco_L=E0vore?= <al...@iol.it> writes:

http://jakarta.apache.org/~henning/turbine/turbine-2.3-dev-20030724.jar

Built on Linux with
% java -version
java version "1.4.1_03"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_03-b02)

Built from the HEAD about five minutes ago.

	Regards
		Henning

>On Gioved�, lug 24, 2003, at 10:11 Europe/Rome, Peter Courcoux wrote:

>> Does your project.properties file have the line :-
>>
>> torque.basePrefix = Base
>Yes, it had...
>Now it's begin to look like a nightmare... i don't have any problem
>compiling maven and/or torque, but now i'm stucked with the:
>"org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.om.TurbineUserGroupRole
>should be declared abstract; it does not define
>save(java.sql.Connection) in org.apache.torque.om.BaseObject" error.
>I've installed the maven-torque plugin, fixed the various maven.xml and
>project.properties files to add basePrefix value (and so i fix the
>${basePrefix}className error...)

>At least... could some one give a turbine 2.3 compiled jar please?!? :D
>(i'm not leaving the battlefield, i've to had the possibility to build
>my own turbine box)

>WARNING: i'm using MacOsX, could it be a clue?

>regards,
>alessio.

"You are being far too rational for this discussion."
       --- Scott Robert Ladd in <3F...@coyotegulch.com>

Re: Still problem building 2.3 (no more basePrefix error)

Posted by Alessio Bernesco Làvore <al...@iol.it>.

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Does your project.properties file have the line :-

torque.basePrefix = Base

I seem to recall having to add it to my project.properties to get my
t2.3 to compile, but I'm not sure I ever worked out why!

Regards,

Peter

Posted by Alessio Bernesco Làvore <al...@iol.it>.
On Giovedì, lug 24, 2003, at 01:52 Europe/Rome, Eric Webb wrote:

> I installed the Torque maven plugin:
> http://db.apache.org/torque/maven-howto.html
> (instead of running "|maven plugin:install"| from the
> "|src/generator/src/maven-plugin|" directory, i simply did it from the
> "src/generator" dir).
Thanks for the help eric, but it still doesn't work...
I've the same problem... it seems that the generator part and the
runtime part of torque are out-of-sync, but i can't understand how it
happens, because i've just the torque-alpha3 on my box.

> I hope that helps.
> cheers,
> eric

thanks,
alessio.

Re: Still problem building 2.3 (no more basePrefix error)

Posted by Eric Webb <et...@usc.edu>.
I recently had this same problem (after getting past the basePrefix
problem).  This is what i did (I've not had time to think about it...but
it successfully generated the om files...so give it a try)

I installed the Torque maven plugin:
http://db.apache.org/torque/maven-howto.html
(instead of running "|maven plugin:install"| from the
"|src/generator/src/maven-plugin|" directory, i simply did it from the
"src/generator" dir).

I hope that helps.

cheers,
eric

Alessio Bernesco Làvore wrote:

> Trying to build turbine from CVS i receive this error:
>
> jakarta-turbine-2/target/src/org/apache/turbine/services/security/
> torque/om/TurbinePermission.java:12:
> org.apache.turbine.services.security.torque.om.TurbinePermission
> should  be declared abstract;
>
> I've followed every step written in the how-to, solving a lot of
> problems... but this still remains.
>
> The only difference i've found from the tutorial is that i'm using
> torque-alpha3-dev.
>
> Regards,
> alessio.

Eric Webb