Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by José Ferreiro <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 09:07:01 UTC

[SOLUTION] Example of Logging SOAP requests/responses in AXIS 1.4

Dear Rich,

This will probably of your interest. I am using successfully the log method
in Axis 1.4. It made it working but i didn't investigate all the options,
for example where to store the log file, the log file name, etc. I was only
curious to see if it could work to keep a trace of the message requests and

In my case it works as follows:

In the client wsdd file add the following code:

 <handler name="log" type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler"/>
  <globalConfiguration>

      <requestFlow>
         <handler type="log"/>
       </requestFlow>

       <responseFlow>
          <handler type="log"/>
       </responseFlow>
</globalConfiguration>

This will create a log file by default nammed axis.log and it is in the root
folder of my eclipse project when I run the web service client.

Add this in deploy.wsdd
It is really interesting feature because it logs the REQUEST AND THE

<handler name="log" type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler"/>

   <globalConfiguration>

      <requestFlow>
         <handler type="log"/>
       </requestFlow>

       <responseFlow>
          <handler type="log"/>
       </responseFlow>

    </globalConfiguration>

the log file is nammed axis.log and in my case it is stored in
<!-- Logs stored in C:\tomcat5.5.12\bin\axis.log -->

Those links will provide you more information:

http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=35765
http://www.google.com/support/adwordsapi/bin/answer.py?answer=15137
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=724190

HOPE THIS HELPS.

CHEERS

Jose Ferreiro
José Ferreiro

2007/5/24, Rich Adili <Ri...@xata.com>:

> Hi dims,
>
> Thanks! That's just what I need for my product design. However, I'm also
> babysitting a legacy application written around an Axis1.4 beta, I
> forget exactly which beta. Do you know if this technique also applies to
> the older code?
>
> Rich

José Ferreiro
EPFL Communication Systems engineer
ing.sys.com.dipl.EPFL

RE: [SOLUTION] Example of Logging SOAP requests/responses in AXIS 1.4

Posted by Rich Adili <Ri...@xata.com>.
You shall dance at my wedding, José!!!

________________________________

This will probably of your interest. I am using successfully the log method in Axis 1.4. It made it working but i didn't investigate all the options, for example where to store the log file, the log file name, etc. I was only curious to see if it could work to keep a trace of the message requests and responses!

In my case it works as follows:

In the client wsdd file add the following code:

 <handler name="log" type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler"/>
  <globalConfiguration>

      <requestFlow>
         <handler type="log"/>
       </requestFlow>

       <responseFlow>
          <handler type="log"/>
       </responseFlow>
</globalConfiguration>

This will create a log file by default nammed axis.log and it is in the root folder of my eclipse project when I run the web service client.

Add this in deploy.wsdd
It is really interesting feature because it logs the REQUEST AND THE RESPONSES.