Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Wilson Wayne - wwilso <Wa...@acxiom.com> on 2012/05/23 13:53:30 UTC

Rules engines in Hadoop

I'm being asked by leaders in my company if there are any rules engines that have been integrated/accessible in Hadoop.  They're meaning a BRE like iLog where there are many functions outside just the authorship of the rules such as versioning, role based access/security, rule lifecycle management, and GUIs.  Anyone know of something like this?  Thanks!

WAYNE WILSON

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.

Re: Rules engines in Hadoop

Posted by Dave butlerdi <bu...@gmail.com>.
We use Jess and works a treat.

On 23 May 2012 13:59, Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It should be straight forward to embed a BRE like iLog JRules, JESS or
> any other BRE written in Java.
>
> In terms of commercial offerings, no product currently includes a BRE
> embedded or provide map/reducers that use BRE. I won't bother
> mentioning the commercial hadoop offerings, since most people know
> what they are.
>
> peter
>

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Wilson Wayne - wwilso
> <Wa...@acxiom.com> wrote:
> > I'm being asked by leaders in my company if there are any rules engines
> that have been integrated/accessible in Hadoop.  They're meaning a BRE like
> iLog where there are many functions outside just the authorship of the
> rules such as versioning, role based access/security, rule lifecycle
> management, and GUIs.  Anyone know of something like this?  Thanks!
> >
> > WAYNE WILSON

> > The information contained in this communication is confidential, is
> > intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
> legally
> > privileged.
> >
> > If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
> > hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
> > communication is strictly prohibited.
> >
> > If you have received this communication in error, please resend this
> > communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy
> > of it from your computer system.
> >
> > Thank You.

Regards

Dave Butler