Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> on 2008/10/22 16:04:54 UTC

Re: Geronimo v2.2 discussion

OK, looks like we're making good progress towards a 2.2 release.
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Geronimo+2.2+Release+Roadmap

Is everyone still thinking we can get 2.2 out this year (say branching
on 11/21 with a mid-December release target)?

Seems that the major items left are:
  - Upgrade to ActiveMQ 5.1/5.2
  - EJB Portlet
  - Use GShell for all commands (and upgrade to latest version)
  - Include new TranQL connectors for Oracle RAC, MS SQL and Informix
  - Remove the old Dojo 0.4.3 usage
  - Portlets for Farm/Clustering support?
  - TCK on Java SE 5 and 6 (or do we only certify on Java SE 6?)

-Donald

Re: Geronimo v2.2 discussion

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Thanks for chiming in.  If you can start removing some of the snapshots,
that would be great.

I hadn't volunteered to be the RM yet, as I'll only have about 2 days a
week to focus on a 2.2 release and I don't have TCK access (which is
going to be a major factor for when we can get 2.2 out), but if you're
willing to help, I'd be glad to jump in and be co-release manager with you!

I'd like to see us drive towards cutting a 2.2 release branch by
mid-December and having the 2.2 Server, GEP and updated Docs released by
mid-January.

-Donald

Re: Geronimo v2.2 discussion

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Re: Geronimo v2.2 discussion

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 22, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> OK, looks like we're making good progress towards a 2.2 release.
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Geronimo+2.2+Release+Roadmap
>
> Is everyone still thinking we can get 2.2 out this year (say
> branching on 11/21 with a mid-December release target)?
>
> Seems that the major items left are:
> - Upgrade to ActiveMQ 5.1/5.2
> - EJB Portlet
> - Use GShell for all commands (and upgrade to latest version)
> - Include new TranQL connectors for Oracle RAC, MS SQL and Informix
> - Remove the old Dojo 0.4.3 usage
> - Portlets for Farm/Clustering support?
> - TCK on Java SE 5 and 6 (or do we only certify on Java SE 6?)

I think certification on SE 5 is optional, but would be good. Maybe
automated TCK can make this relatively easy?

--kevan

Re: Geronimo v2.2 discussion

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
We should only be using Dojo 1.1.1 for any new portlet work going into 2.2.

-Donald

Re: Geronimo v2.2 discussion

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.