Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/22 09:12:34 UTC

Re: OpenMeetings tech details - for android client

Hi Антон,

1. Is Openmeetings red5-based server?
=> Yes it is
2. Is audio/video transferred between peers and server is used just to
initiate session (using SIP protocol)?
=> No there is no P2P in Flash, at least no Open Source, there is a
proprietary P2P service called "Adobe Stratus" however I think not
even Adobe can do P2P with that to stream a webcam from one browser to
another, they just can broadcast live-streams using "Adobe Flash Media
Live Endcoder" P2P or usual VOD, but no conferencing.
3. If it's red5 based, is video in flashvideo format?
=> It is h.263, audio is currently nellymoser, but in latest SVN you
could switch that to Speex (recording doesn't work with Speex codec
that is why we don't switch currently)
4. Is video transferred using RTMP protocol?
=> Yes usign RTMP and its "relative" protocols: rtmpT (RTMP over HTTP
Tunneling), rtmpS (RTMPT over SSL) and native rtmpS (RTMP directly
over SSL)  [we only provide docs for native rtmpS]

if you have further questions let me know,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
http://www.openmeetings.de