Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nicolas Barrera <nb...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 15:33:53 UTC

PasswordField usage question

Hi,

I 'm trying to use PasswordField for a CRUD I 'm implementing...,

in the create page I 'm fine with PasswordField, as it shows ***** instead
of the user input and on the server-side I got the real user input.

but, in the Update page I came across that the PasswordField is being shown
blank...,
I 've read the Component reference and the javadoc and I didn't realized how
to setup a different default value for a PasswordField to show..,

I 'd like the PasswordField to show an arbitrary number of **** as the
default value for the update page...,
that way the user can think of that field as it got a value which he doesn't
know which and think of updating it.

obviously I don't want those arbitrary ***** to become the new value of the
password if the user don't modify it.

Hope someone can drop me a line...,

cheers

Nicolás.-

Re: PasswordField usage question

Posted by Richard Hill <ri...@su3analytics.com>.
How about this:

Old password: 		*****
New Password: 		<blank>
Confirm new password: 	<blank>

The old password field is a dummy, populated with some random string.
However I'd argue from a user perspective if the field is labelled "new
password" there shouldn't be any confusion, and that the "old" field
isn't really needed.

Posted by Nicolas Barrera <nb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Richard,