Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Rod Macpherson <rm...@abovehealth.com> on 2005/09/01 23:37:44 UTC

Cactus MVC Architecture

Is Cactus repeating a common mistake in describing the MVC architecture?

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/features.html

With MVC you have a data model, a view of that data model and a
controller. The view is not visual anymore than the OSI presentation
layer is visual. The view is a presentation of a data model. The
controller is a component. That I render the control interface and the
view of my data on a JSP is fluff that lives outside of the core MVC.

Is this miguided, correct, something in between?

TIA

RE: Cactus MVC Architecture

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Rod,

Actually we're not even trying to describe the MVC architecture. It was just
a convenient way to explain all the places where Cargo could help in
testing.

I'm not sure I understand your argument but if you want to submit a better
image, we'll happily replace this one with yours.

Thanks
-Vincent