Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jean Tremblay <je...@zen-innovations.com> on 2015/04/07 13:13:19 UTC

Cassandra vs OS x

Hi,

Why do everyone say that Cassandra should not be used in production on an Mac OS x?
Why would this not work?
Are there anyone out there using OS x in production? What is your experience with this?

Thanks

Jean

Re: Cassandra vs OS x

Posted by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com>.
Cost may be a factor? OS X servers would cost a lot more than Linux servers.

Re: Cassandra vs OS x

Posted by Michal Michalski <mi...@boxever.com>.
Out of curiosity - could you elaborate on that or drop a link?

Kind regards,
MichaƂ Michalski,
michal.michalski@boxever.com

Re: Cassandra vs OS x