Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by TvT <tv...@nepatec.de> on 2015/07/20 13:27:55 UTC

Xalan for java 2.7.X version confusion

Hi,

i am in a bit of a confusion regarding the latest official xalan-j version.

This page (which is the first google hit) states, that the latest version
is 2.7.1:
https://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/
(If that is the old page please post a hint/forward etc. there ...)

This page states that the latest version is 2.7.2 (release in april 2014):
http://xalan.apache.org/index.html

However in the svn I didn't find a tag for xalan-j_2_7_2
http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/tags/

There is only a tag for 'xalan-j_2_7_2-rc1' which indicates for me a
pre-release
version - or is this supposed to be the tag of the final version?

What I basically want to know is whether the bugfix of Ryan Berg (r1581058)
made it into the official release of 2.7.2 or not?
http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/branches/xalan-j_2_7_1_maint/src
/?pathrev=1581058

Because here it says not - but maybe there are just not informed:
http://osvdb.org/104942

Thanks!
Tom

Re: Xalan for java 2.7.X version confusion

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I had forgotten to copy the 2.7.2-RC1 tag to a 2.7.2 tag, that is now done:

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/tags/xalan-j_2_7_2/

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Xalan for java 2.7.X version confusion

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 4:27 AM, TvT <tv...@nepatec.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am in a bit of a confusion regarding the latest official xalan-j
> version.
>
> This page (which is the first google hit) states, that the latest version
> is 2.7.1:
> https://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/
> (If that is the old page please post a hint/forward etc. there ...)
>
> This page states that the latest version is 2.7.2 (release in april 2014):
> http://xalan.apache.org/index.html
>
> However in the svn I didn't find a tag for xalan-j_2_7_2
> http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/tags/
>
> There is only a tag for 'xalan-j_2_7_2-rc1' which indicates for me a pre-release
> version - or is this supposed to be the tag of the final version?
>
> What I basically want to know is whether the bugfix of Ryan Berg
> (r1581058) made it into the official release of 2.7.2 or not?
> http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/xalan/java/branches/xalan-j_2_7_1_maint/
> src/?pathrev=1581058

Yes, see https://xalan.apache.org/xalan-j/whatsnew.html

Gary