Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Henning Kuich <hk...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/29 16:14:10 UTC

Question about server/computer architecture...

Dear All,

is there a preferred computer architecture for Mahout? for example, do
multicore processors help? is there anything else in terms of server
hardware that one should know about, or anything that might be particularly
favorable to implement Mahout?

Thanks in advance,

Henning

--

P. Henning J. L. Kuich
email: hkuich@gmail.com

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not

Re: Question about server/computer architecture...

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
This is quite small and certainly doesn't require Hadoop. That's the good
news. Any reasonable server will do well for you. You won't be memory
bound. More cores will let you serve more QPS.

Your pain points will be elsewhere like tuning for best quality and real
time updates. See my separate email for a possible different solution.

Sean

Posted by Henning Kuich <hk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.