Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/12 16:19:40 UTC

meecrowave cxf-oauth2

Hi guys,

Apache Meecrowave (sub project of OpenWebBeans) got some days ago an
experimental oauth2 module. It is "just" CXF oauth2 code setup as a runtime
and not a library.

I see it as an opportunity to make our both communities working more
closely, enhancing this feature to make it as close as possible as the
customers/users needs.

The snapshot doc (which is for now very light and mainly generated) is
available at
http://openwebbeans.staging.apache.org/meecrowave/meecrowave-oauth2/

Don't heistate to let us know what you think about it.

PS: for people not reading docs here is the right url
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/meecrowave/trunk/meecrowave-oauth2/
;)

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: meecrowave cxf-oauth2

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

> Le 13 janv. 2017 14:44, "Sergey Beryozkin" <sb...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
> Hi Romain,
>
> that makes sense, supporting the authorization code can be optional, note
> the providers can support only all non-redirection based grants or the code
> grants too, ex, JCacheOAuthDataProvider and JCacheCodeDataProvider.
>
> I suppose the real challenge is how to auth the users (OAuth2 clients) at
> the /token level. For ex, in Fediz OIDC we'd connect to Syncope via CXF
> STS, with Syncope covering all the possible user storages.
>

> Wonder if being in tomcat we cant reuse the realm/principal to have a
> local user repository/ies. Would make it easier to setup and allow to reuse
> a lot of impl.

That's what we have on trunk, and authorization_code is supported in
gui-less mode. Since meecrowave-oauth2 can be embedded too it allows to use
any ui if desired - or still a plain client if needed.

Re: meecrowave cxf-oauth2

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: meecrowave cxf-oauth2

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.