Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by "Kirchhoff, Thomas" <th...@bsz-bw.de> on 2008/09/25 10:52:36 UTC

IP Restriction Whitelist

Hi,

I porting my embedded FTP-Server to the new codebase. Now I have the problem, that it seems, that there is no more the possibility to deny access to world and list some execptions.

Example: (former codebase)

true 121.212..*
true 111.222.111.222
true 127.0.0.1
false *

I have noticed the BlackListFilter has the method unblock(InetAddress ip), so in principle it would be possible to implement the old behaviour with the blacklistfilter.
Are there any plans to do it ?
On the other hand, I really need the possibility to add allowed addresses without restarting the server. So I guess I could implement this in a FtpLet. If I implement it, is the interest to contribute it to the codebase (as an example for a useful ftplet )?

Greetings from Germany

Thomas Kirchhoff

Projektmitarbeiter BAM-Projekt
Bibliotheksservice-Zentrum Baden-Württemberg, 78457 Konstanz
Telefon: 07531 - 88 4120
http://www.bam-portal.de

Re: IP Restriction Whitelist

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Kirchhoff, Thomas
<th...@bsz-bw.de> wrote:
> I porting my embedded FTP-Server to the new codebase. Now I have the problem, that it seems, that there is no more the possibility to deny access to world and list some execptions.

No, that is true. Please file a JIRA issue to add this functionality.

> On the other hand, I really need the possibility to add allowed addresses without restarting the server. So I guess I could implement this in a FtpLet. If I implement it, is the interest to contribute it to the codebase (as an example for a useful ftplet )?

Ftplets can not access listeners and thus not the filter chain where
black listing is done. Could you describe further would you would like
to accomplish? For example, based on what do you can to allow a new
address? Are you running FtpServer embedded or standalone?

/niklas