Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by devel - Fashion Content <de...@fashioncontent.com> on 2006/07/31 12:47:33 UTC

IoC handling in T5

What if T5 implemented a strictly annotation based IoC container, and
HiveMind supported the same annotations but also supported the current xml
based configuration.

What if T5 could work together with HiveMind or on it's own depending on
wether you need backwards compatibility.

Yes I see that it would potentially require a parallel set of annotation
classes and parsing methods and some odd glue to merge the two, but wouldn't
it be a neat way to achive both objects from the user perspective.

Henrik

Re: IoC handling in T5

Posted by adasal <ad...@gmail.com>.
This is what I have been thinking, and it seems to me that James is moving
in this direction with his thoughts on interceptors as he is suggesting that
HM will look like AspectJ, but externalised into XML.
I think that sometimes it is advantageous to use annotations, but sometimes
to use XML. At least in this regard that with annotations they are
immiediate and the thought process of the developer is uninterupted whereas
with XML there is a central repository to the "annotations" that can be
inspected, thought about and modified on their own, without having to look
at many different classes.
Adam

Re: IoC handling in T5

Posted by devel - Fashion Content <de...@fashioncontent.com>.
What I imagine is that T5 might have an annotation package that mirrored the
HM annotations, and an implementation that essentially did the same, but
would detected HM if already loaded and merge the T5 annotation & HM
annotation based configuration runtime into a HM configuration.

Given my limited understanding of how annotations work I might be wrong, but
the only overhead I can identify is duplicate code and a minor one merging
the configuration.

A commons project would be another way to do it, but would of course add
dependencies.

Henrik