Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Vikas Saxena <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/18 22:31:37 UTC

Enums in avro

Hi Team,
We are using avro in our project to serialize telecom data and load it into
hive table. All our native telecom data fields are easily convertible into
hive data types.
The problem I am facing is for some of the enum fields that we have don't
start with 0 but start with 1000.
How can I design my schema to accommodate such enums?

Re: Enums in avro

Posted by Matan Shukry <ma...@gmail.com>.
i'm no expert, but looks like you'll have to use string:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AvroSerDe

Yours,
Matan Shukry

Re: Enums in avro