Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org> on 2005/05/19 03:25:31 UTC

Re: identity column

Vagula wrote:
>             I have an identity column in my database.
>
>             Lets day for example in Activity table we have identity
> column act_code.
>
>             What are the steps I should be following?

Do you want to:
a) just map ACTIVITY.ACT_CODE as primary key in OJB?
b) use database sequence-assigned primary key values in OJB?
c) ... [fill in your question of choice] ... :)

If a, check out the mapping tutorial [1] and repository section
of the OJB website, specifically @primarykey of the
field-descriptor element. [2]

If b, see the RDBMS sequence HOWTO. [3]

Otherwise, try to elaborate a bit more on your problem.

Regards,
  Martin

[1] http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/tutorials/mapping-tutorial.html
[2] http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/repository.html