Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mevludin Blazevic <mb...@uni-koblenz.de> on 2022/11/03 09:58:37 UTC

Ceph for Secondary Storage and Primary Storage

Hi all,

is there someone who is using a ceph cluster both for secondary storage
(NFS service) and primary storage (rbd pool)? In my test environment I
have experienced some issues starting VMs after updating cloudstack not
able to convert images to RBD.

Regards,

Mevludin

Re: Ceph for Secondary Storage and Primary Storage

Posted by Mevludin Blazevic <mb...@uni-koblenz.de>.
Hi,

thanks for your information and sharing of your experience! One time we
had a powerloss for 1 hour. After that the cloud as well as the Ceph
cluster where up with absolutely no issues. I think a corrupted Ceph
cluster might be result of hardware failure, e.g. using Erasure Coding
with to many broken hosts/OSDs. Some other Ceph admins told me they use
Object Storage, RBD and CephFS on the same cluster with nearly no effect
on performace in their environment.

We also used simple linux machines as NFS servers for Cloudstack. Since
we need them to shut down, I am going to setup Ceph FS and NFS on our
existing cluster.

Regards,

Mevludin

--
Mevludin Blazevic, M.Sc.

University of Koblenz-Landau
Computing Centre (GHRKO)
Universitaetsstrasse 1
D-56070 Koblenz, Germany
Room A023
Tel: +49 261/287-1326

Re: Ceph for Secondary Storage and Primary Storage

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Mauro Ferraro - G2K Hosting <mf...@g2khosting.com>.