Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kartweel <rh...@exemail.com.au> on 2011/03/12 07:43:18 UTC

T5 Page Doctype Causing Application to Hang

Hi,

I have a mobile web application using the doctype &lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
&quot;-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN&quot;
&quot;http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd&quot;&gt;. On the first
page request the application hangs for several hours before it will send a
response. It used to only take several seconds (about 20 seconds), but I am
assuming something has happened in the cosmos causing the dtd not to
download correctly. If I remove this doctype and use a standard one then the
application works correctly (but doesn't render correctly in a mobile
browser).

So I have tried contributing to the template parser so it uses a local copy
of the DTD, but it doesn't seem to make any difference (I am assuming I am
not contributing it correctly). I am having a hard time finding any
documentation on this.

My code is:

      public static void
contributeTemplateParser(MappedConfiguration&lt;String, URL&gt; config)
      {
	      config.add("-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN",
AppModule.class.getResource("xhtml-mobile10.dtd"));
      }

I have put the dtd in the same folder as the AppModule class.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ryan

Re: T5 Page Doctype Causing Application to Hang

Posted by Kartweel <rh...@exemail.com.au>.
I got it working.

For reference this is the list of DTDs that need to be stored locally and
contributed to the template parser.

-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN
http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Inline Style 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-inlstyle-1.mod

-//WAPFORUM//ENTITIES XHTML Mobile 1.0 Document Model 1.0//EN
http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10-model-1.mod

-//W3C//ENTITIES XHTML Modular Framework 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-framework-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Text 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-text-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Hypertext 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-hypertext-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Lists 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-list-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Images 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-image-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Basic Tables 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-basic-table-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Basic Forms 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-basic-form-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Link Element 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-link-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Metainformation 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-meta-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Base Element 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-base-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Style Sheets 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-style-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Param Element 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-param-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Embedded Object 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-object-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Document Structure 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-struct-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Block Presentation 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-blkpres-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Inline Presentation 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-inlpres-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Base Architecture 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-arch-1.mod

-//W3C//NOTATIONS XHTML Notations 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-notations-1.mod

-//W3C//ENTITIES XHTML Datatypes 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-datatypes-1.mod

-//W3C//ENTITIES XHTML Qualified Names 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-qname-1.mod

-//W3C//ENTITIES XHTML Intrinsic Events 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-events-1.mod

-//W3C//ENTITIES XHTML Common Attributes 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-attribs-1.mod

-//W3C//ENTITIES XHTML Character Entities 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-charent-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Inline Structural 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-inlstruct-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Inline Phrasal 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-inlphras-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Block Structural 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-blkstruct-1.mod

-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Block Phrasal 1.0//EN
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml-blkphras-1.mod

Re: T5 Page Doctype Causing Application to Hang

Posted by Kartweel <rh...@exemail.com.au>.
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> Looks like you did the correct thing. I'd check with the debugger that
> your contribute method is being invoked, then many put a break point
> inside SaxTemplateParserImpl  as well.

Thanks for the quick reply. I feel honoured talking to the main man! :),

I've checked with the debugger and it all appears to be working as it
should.

The issue seems to be that it is getting stuck when trying to resolve dtd:
-//W3C//ELEMENTS XHTML Inline Style 1.0//EN from URL
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/DTD/xhtml-inlstyle-1.mod

So my guess of what is happening is the dtd references other dtds and it is
trying to resolve them also. So I guess I need to download everything and
see how that goes :). +1 vote for adding them all into core jar :)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM, Kartweel <rh...@exemail.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a mobile web application using the doctype &lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC
> &quot;-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN&quot;
> &quot;http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd&quot;&gt;. On the first
> page request the application hangs for several hours before it will send a
> response. It used to only take several seconds (about 20 seconds), but I am
> assuming something has happened in the cosmos causing the dtd not to
> download correctly. If I remove this doctype and use a standard one then the
> application works correctly (but doesn't render correctly in a mobile
> browser).
>
> So I have tried contributing to the template parser so it uses a local copy
> of the DTD, but it doesn't seem to make any difference (I am assuming I am
> not contributing it correctly). I am having a hard time finding any
> documentation on this.
>
> My code is:
>
>      public static void
> contributeTemplateParser(MappedConfiguration&lt;String, URL&gt; config)
>      {
>              config.add("-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN",
> AppModule.class.getResource("xhtml-mobile10.dtd"));
>      }
>
> I have put the dtd in the same folder as the AppModule class.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Ryan

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry