Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Leandro Augusto de Almeida <al...@walar.com.br> on 2004/03/30 20:18:27 UTC

Transaction question

Is it possible to use PB-tx-demarcation on a session bean with bm-tx and getting a connection from a DataSource from my AppServer? Is it right? What is the correct connection factory to use?
Or I must use the user (JTA) tx-demarcation with the ConnectionFactoryManagedImpl and choose between cm-tx or bm-tx?

Thanks,

Leandro.

Re: Transaction question

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Leandro,

Leandro Augusto de Almeida wrote:

> Is it possible to use PB-tx-demarcation on a session bean with bm-tx and getting a connection from a DataSource from my AppServer? Is it right? What is the correct connection factory to use?
> Or I must use the user (JTA) tx-demarcation with the ConnectionFactoryManagedImpl and choose between cm-tx or bm-tx?

yep, in managed environments you have always to use JTA (except you
don't want to use distributed tx at all and set tx-demarcation to
'none'). All settings described here

http://db.apache.org/ojb/deployment.html#Deployment%20in%20EJB%20based%20applications

regards,
Armin