Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org> on 2022/02/18 07:58:41 UTC

[NOTICE] Pulsar tests disabled

FYI: I just disabled all Pulsar tests on master in
296c3be7576940d6bd76f4d065a0b70bceb06991.

They are currently the main source of test instabilities, and I don't
see any real efforts or progress on those being addressed.

Re: [NOTICE] Pulsar tests disabled

Posted by Yufei Zhang <af...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Here are some updates regarding the ongoing pulsar test instabilities.

The following issues are believed to be caused by PulsarEmbeddedRuntime or
mockRuntime, and currently, we have a PR
<https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/18838/commits>
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/18838/commits to use
PulsarContainerRuntime. Suspected causes are

   - FLINK-25815: mock pulsar runtime, changed to test containers.
   - FLINK-26177
   - FLINK-26192
   - FLINK-26237
   - FLINK-26240
   - FLINK-26238

The following two tickets are tracked by the corresponding PR

   - FLINK-26241: Divide zero, a bug in test code. Tracked by
   <https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/18836>
   https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/18836
   - FLINK-26210: Pulsar e2e tests with jaxb-api. Tracked by
   <https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/18815>
   https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/18815

Cheers.

Posted by Leonard Xu <xb...@gmail.com>.
The Pulsar tests are too weak now and lead to Flink CI instabilities.
There’re 10+ bug issues[1] for Pulsar connector  with various error causes.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12351366 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12351366>

Posted by Yufei Zhang <af...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.