Posted to user@commons.apache.org by peeper <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/15 18:32:08 UTC

commons-daemon/jsvc use

Hi,

Could someone explain what and how jsvc's "-check" parameter is *supposed"
to work, please?

There's only the briefest of documentation for the "-check" parameter. My
reading of the source code in jsvc and commons-daemon makes me think that
the "-check" parameter simply tests whether the class to be loaded as a
daemon by jsvc *will* load correctly - I was actually looking for a
replacement for the "--test" parameter of start-stop-daemon.

Thanks for any assistance,

Paul.

Re: commons-daemon/jsvc use

Posted by peeper <si...@gmail.com>.
I also meant to mention that the jsvc leaves an empty pid file on the
file-system if no daemon is running when it is called using the "-check"
parameter!

Suggestions/help appreciated.

Paul.