Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Suraj Khurana <su...@hotwax.co> on 2020/09/26 10:36:00 UTC

UPDATE: OFBiz code linting issues

Hello team,

Sometimes back, we introduced sonar and checkstyle linting tools integrated
with OFBiz.
We as a community are serious not only about features being introduced in
OFBiz but also code quality being added in the repo.
So we started correcting issues identified by the linting tool (checkstyle)
and there were nearly ~*40,000* of those in the whole codebase.

Slowly we keep on discussing it on different mail threads and move towards
conclusions and fix those into the code base.
We also incorporated a pre-push commit hook to ensure that no new issues
are being introduced by committers.

I am glad to announce that we have fixed around *99%* of these issues
successfully.
Kudos to everyone involved in this effort !!

--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana

Re: UPDATE: OFBiz code linting issues

Posted by Pritam Kute <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thanks to Suraj and all the other people who worked on this task. This is a
great achievement. The introduction of checkstyle will surely help in
keeping code clean and neat.

Kind Regards,
--
Pritam Kute