Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ricardo Martins de Abreu Silva <rm...@dcc.ufla.br> on 2006/03/15 21:10:02 UTC

version control of packages installed in linux using subversion

Dear colleagues

I would like to know if it is possible to use subversion to
implement version control of packages installed in linux. My idea
consists in help a group of administrators to know who, when and
how have been installing, modifying and deleting packages (or
configuration files) through yum or rpm. However, after list
all packages in my machine using "rpm -qal", and import them to
svn repository, I do not checkout them without delete them.

Thank you very much
Best Regards
Ricardo Martins de Abreu Silva