Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Rudh <ch...@rudh.se> on 2005/12/01 11:25:10 UTC

Session cookie path problem

Hi

I have set up so all users on my server can use Tomcat from their home
directories. They access servlets through
"domain/~user/java/servlet/TestServlet" and it works fine.

But I tried setting a session value in a servlet and the session value
was never stored. So I checked the session cookie that Tomcat generates
and the path in it was set to "/%7Euser/" in the beginning.

So if I access the servlet by writing
"domain/%7Euser/java/servlet/TestServlet" in the browser the session
values works, but not if I use "~" in the browser.

I know that "%7E" is the URL-encoded "~", but the users shouldn't have
to enter that manually...

What is doing this and how can I fix it?

--
Christian Rudh
christian@rudh.se

Re: Session cookie path problem

Posted by Christian Rudh <ch...@rudh.se>.
I forgot to mention that I am using Tomcat through Apache and mod_jk.