Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Phil Bradley <ph...@tower.ie> on 2011/04/11 16:01:20 UTC

Any way to force XSDG0 error

Hi,

I have a Java desktop application which uses Derby; we're currently
using 10.4.2 and will be upgrading to 10.8.1 once it's released. I
occasionally encounter critical database errors (such as XSDG0) in my
application. I have added some generic SQL exception handling which
tests for some of these conditions and when it encounters them, it shuts
down the entire database and re-initialises any required connections.

This seems like it should work but obviously, I'd like to do some
testing on it. Are there any ideas out there about how I might go about
forcing this sort of error?

Thanks,
Phil