Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2012/06/08 14:11:37 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Karaf

Apache Karaf provides higher level features and services
specifically designed for creating OSGi-based servers.

Community
=========
Indicators during the last 3 months:
- Download: around 12,000 distribution downloads
- User mailing list: 424 messages
- Dev mailing list: 495 messages
- Commits: 758 commits

Development
===========
The following new releases have been voted:
* Apache Karaf 2.2.6
* Apache Karaf 2.2.7
* Apache Karaf Cellar 2.2.4

We made progresses on the stabilization of the Karaf 3.0 next release.

A stabilization branch is going to be create including a 3.0-beta
pre-release.

Web Site
=======
A new website has been deployed including minor updates and bug fixes.

Branding
========
  * project website basics: ok
  * website nav links: ok
  * trademarks: ok
  * logo: ok
  * metadata: ok

Issues for board consideration
==============================
None so far.

Re: [REPORT] Apache Karaf

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
Thanks for your this report. The board had one minor observation to
make - no need to continue reporting branding status since you have
completed all actions.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: [REPORT] Apache Karaf

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
oh, just see that it's already gone out :-) nevermind, see my comments
as input for the next report; they'rent that important anyhow.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Re: [REPORT] Apache Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree Andreas, we got an introduction of Karaf in Germany (made by Achim
and Christian), new blog entries.

It's a good idea and we should include it in the next board report.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [REPORT] Apache Karaf

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
oha, I'm deeply impressed by those numbers :-)

thx for the clarification.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Re: [REPORT] Apache Karaf