Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/06/21 01:27:01 UTC

Alias Directive (fwd)

not acked

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 16:54:53 -0400
From: Ed Zarrella <za...@eastland.com>
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
CC: zarrella@mail.Clark.Net
Subject: Alias Directive

Hi,

   I am set up as a virtual host running on an Apache server. I am
trying to redirect my .html pages through a CGI Wrapper program (PHP/FI)
that I have installed in my cgi-bin directory. The normal syntax to run
an HTML page through PHP is:
    /cgi-bin/php.cgi/path-to-file which translates (on my system to):
    /cgi-bin/php.cgi/usa/foo.html

I've read the Apache Reference Manual and the Alias directive looked
like what I wanted to do. The Alias I set up in my section of the
httpd.conf file is:
Alias /usa /cgi-bin/php.cgi/usa

But it does not work.  The file "apparently" is not passed through PHP
because the PHP code does not get interpreted.

Any help on why this does not work or what directive I should use would
be appreciated.

-- Thanks,
-- Ed
----- End of forwarded message from Ed Zarrella -----