Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Emmanuel Dupont <em...@jwaretechnologies.com> on 2003/03/26 16:49:46 UTC

Newbie : ODMG / PersistenceBroker

All,

After a while, I am not sure that I have really understood the difference
between ODMG transactions and PersistenceBroker Transactions.

I know there is a FAQ (What is the difference between the PB API and ODMG .)
but I don't understand completely (The PB keeps no transactional state of
the persistent Objects.). I understood the fact that odmg is more complete
than PB.

Later in the FAQ it is written that the developers who use the PB API have
to lock their objects.

What I don't understand is :

When I do a broker.beginTransaction() I lock the object I will work on,
until the broker.commitTransaction().

It is exactly the same with the odmg transaction :

tx = odmg.newTransaction();

tx.begin();

tx.close(();

Does someone have a sample for me to make me understand..

Tx a lot !!