Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Paxson <ap...@ncegifts.com> on 2003/11/23 17:35:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Changing Log directory

I need to change the log directory for my Apache web server.  I've set up a
separate drive with it's own controller to increase performance for my logs,
and have mounted it as /var/log.

How can I properly change my /usr/local/apache/logs to that directory?  I've
modified my 'config.layout' to change the 'logfiledir:' to the new log path,
but when I try to start up Apache:

[Sun Nov 23 11:43:52 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory: could not
open transfer log file /usr/local/apache/$/var/log/apache/access_log.
Unable to open logs

I have no idea why it still places the {prefix} into the path.  I even
changed the runtimedir to use this location as well, just as a guess.  What
did I do wrong?

Huge thanks in advance!!
Aaron

Re: [users@httpd] Changing Log directory

Posted by manfred <df...@tictric.net>.
> I need to change the log directory for my Apache web server.  I've set
> up a
> separate drive with it's own controller to increase performance for my
> logs,
> and have mounted it as /var/log.
>
> How can I properly change my /usr/local/apache/logs to that directory?
> I've
> modified my 'config.layout' to change the 'logfiledir:' to the new log
> path,
> but when I try to start up Apache:
>
> [Sun Nov 23 11:43:52 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory: could
> not
> open transfer log file /usr/local/apache/$/var/log/apache/access_log.
> Unable to open logs
>
> I have no idea why it still places the {prefix} into the path.  I even
> changed the runtimedir to use this location as well, just as a guess.
> What
> did I do wrong?

Not much :-) You just need to study $yourapacheconfdir/httpd.conf
Maybe you read this too http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html

> Huge thanks in advance!!
> Aaron

De nada