Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Boemio, Neil (GEI, FGI)" <Ne...@ge.com> on 2003/09/29 18:15:37 UTC

Full Package Names??

I'm just starting to use Tomcat (4.1.27) and I'm trying to get my existing app to work.  It worked fine with JRun, but it seems that Tomcat requires that I specify the full package name for a class whenever I use it??  Is this true?

For example,  I get, "cannot resolve symbol" for the following:
import com.fgic.Utility.*
Utility util = new Utility();

But when I change it like below, it works fine:

import com.fgic.Utility.*
com.fgic.Utility util = new com.fgic.Utility();

So does this means I have to go through all my code and specify the full package name everywhere?

Note: in JRun, I didn't even have to specify the package name in the import statement.  It was able to find it with just: import Utility.*