Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jim Roycroft <ji...@codesilver.ca> on 2007/11/02 05:38:28 UTC

[T4] One way to get the context path when you need to inject it straight into HTML

I just thought I'd share my experience with this one... and I'd love to hear
about alternate ways that involve even less code! Although this isn't bad at
all. Anyway:

Here's what I needed to put in the html:

   <!-- This is an IE6 and below hack to make the menu work. -->
   body{ behavior: url(/scripts/csshover2.htc); }

Note the path to csshover2.htc, obviously it's going to break if I don't get
the context path in there. Here's my solution:

   <!-- This is an IE6 and below hack to make the menu work. -->
   body{ behavior: url(); }

And:

   @Asset("/scripts/csshover2.htc")
   public abstract IAsset getCssHoverScript();

In the backing class.

Now I can run the app with any context path I like, for example
'squirrelycontext', and the asset will generate
'/squirrelycontext/scripts/csshover2.htc' for my HTML.

Cheers,
Jim

Re: [T4] One way to get the context path when you need to inject it straight into HTML

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jim, good stuff! I was pondering about the same issue just the other
day.

Kalle

Posted by Jim Roycroft <ji...@codesilver.ca>.