Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Ying, Jun" <JY...@mgh.harvard.edu> on 2014/12/03 04:28:47 UTC

Asking help for always unsuccessful AE load

Dear Sir/Madam,
When I Load some AE in cTakes like "SimulatedProdSmokingTAE.xml", It always jump the Exception "java.lang.illegalArgumentException: URl is not hierarchical". Why it happens? How to fix it.
Thanks.

[X]

dispose of the e-mail.

RE: Asking help for always unsuccessful AE load

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Jun,

Do AE pipelines that do not use the Smoking Status module work?

I think that Smoking Status configuration (via binary install) might be broken in the last several versions.  I thought that I had submitted a Jira long, long ago, but right now I can't find it so maybe my memory is playing games.  I have gotten the module to work, but it took hours to find and fix the problems.  If you can get other AEs to run then let me know and I'll try to find my working setup and diff it with the cTakes install tomorrow.  If I remember correctly I had to move (unpack) some things from lib/ jars to resources/ and change a path or two in the desc/ xmls.

Sean

Posted by Kim Ebert <ki...@perfectsearchcorp.com>.
Hi Jun,

Posted by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com>.
This problem is coming from the LvgAnnotator. The issue is with the
lvg.properties file. The annotation engine is trying to find its
lvg.properties file in the classpath. This file is part of the cTAKES
resources bundle, so should be installed under
$CTAKES_HOME/resources/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config. Unfortunately
this file also exists inside the jar file ctakes-lvg-res-3.2.0.jar as well.
So if you have that jar file on your classpath and it comes before the
CTAKES_HOME/resources/... then you'll get this error. In my case the
ctakes-lvg-res-3.2.0.jar file was being pulled into my project by Maven.

My stack trace looked like this:

 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:418)
at
org.apache.ctakes.lvg.resource.LvgCmdApiResourceImpl.load(LvgCmdApiResourceImpl.java:65)

and the URI it was using for the file was:

jar:file:/home/davek/.m2/repository/org/apache/ctakes/ctakes-lvg-res/3.2.0/ctakes-lvg-res-3.2.0.jar!/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties

I fixed it by making sure that the cTAKES resources were in the classpath
before the dependent jar files (I use IntelliJ for development).

Hope that helps others when they search the archives since this issue seems
to come up quite a bit.

- Dave

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Jun,