Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/03/02 04:12:18 UTC

Re: Draft of Podling Shardingsphere Report March 2020

I have already updated the quarterly report on confluence.

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

zhangliang@apache.org <zh...@apache.org> 于2020年2月21日周五 下午12:09写道:

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Updated

-------------------

## ShardingSphere

ShardingSphere is an ecosystem of transparent distributed database
middleware, focusing on data sharding, distributed transaction and database
orchestration.

ShardingSphere has been incubating since 2018-11-10.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Doing podling name search now, the JIRA ticket here[1]
  2. Clear issues which indicate by incubator status page[2]
  3. Finished discussion about graduatiion and start to vote to TLP[3]

  [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-178
  [2] https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/shardingsphere.html
  [3]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r2272e5fb70044e07f8ff21e282d84ab88a30eac6709a9d0981f6b2c1%40%3Cdev.shardingsphere.apache.org%3E

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

  There is a user wall page[3] to show all user lists. The URL of page may
  generate confusion with apache powered by policy. We have already change
the page url to [4].

  [3] https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/poweredby/
  [4] https://shardingsphere.apache.org/community/en/users/

### How has the community developed since the last report?

  Wen Ouyang, ZongLei Dong, Xiaofeng Jiang have been voted and joined as
  committer.
  There are 115 people to contribute codes to the main repo, there are 26
new
  contributors during last report. We are happy to see the community are
  growing up.
  Prepare for graduation, finished discussion mail list is [5]. The main
resolved
  issues are:
  1. Major contributors sign ICLA
  2. Confirm PMC and committer list
  3. IP Clearance for OpenSharding GitHub repo[6]
  4. Remove author information in java code
  5. Update incubator status site[7]

  [7] https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/shardingsphere.html

### How has the project developed since the last report?

  Release 4.0.0 last month, it is the stable version of 4.0.0-RC1,
4.0.0-RC2
  and 4.0.0-RC3.
  Releasing and voting version 4.0.1 now.

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  - [ ] Initial setup
  - [ ] Working towards first release
  - [ ] Community building
  - [X] Nearing graduation
  - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

  2020-01-13

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  2020-01-08

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

  Yes, the mentors have been helpful and responsive.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

  Yes. There are no 3rd parties incorrectly using the podling‘s name and
brand for now.

### Signed-off-by:

  - [ ] (shardingsphere) Craig L Russell
     Comments:
  - [ ] (shardingsphere) Willem Ning Jiang
     Comments:
  - [ ] (shardingsphere) Von Gosling
     Comments:

### IPMC/Shepherd notes: