Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nicolas Maisonneuve <ni...@free.fr> on 2004/02/16 17:27:19 UTC

Conversion Schema XSD to woody Form.. possible ?

hy,
with the woody new features (dynamic widget, etc..) ,do you think that it's theoricaly possible to create a tools to convert XSD to woody form ?

thanks in advance

Re: Conversion Schema XSD to woody Form.. possible ?

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.
On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:13:08PM +0100, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 16.02.2004 17:27, Nicolas Maisonneuve wrote:
>
> >hy, with the woody new features (dynamic widget, etc..) ,do you think
> >that it's theoricaly possible to create a tools to convert XSD to
> >woody form ?
>
> We have to ask somebody who knows the dynamic widgets at best: Tim, are
> you listening? May I ask what's your specific use case for this?

In theory you could.  Here is what I think it would involve:

Either write a new set of widget definition builders (currently somewhat
hard, but will be much easier soon, if/when I get time to work on the
framework some more :),
Or use some XSLT, etc. to transform the XSD into a proper format to act
as a widget definition file, probably referencing it via the "cocoon:/"
protocol.  I know someone else who has taken this route successfully for
a very specific XSD.

The current set of widgets (including class/new/struct/union) should
work fine as-is for this application, but FYI they are being redesigned to
be more flexible and easier to understand and use.  Please feel free to
comment on the old and/or new designs (or even implement the new designs
if you like them and have time and interest before I can get to them :)

Current dynamic widget set documentation (for Cocoon version 2.1.4):
  http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TimLarson

New, proposed (not yet implemented) dynamic widget set design docs:
  http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyScratchpad

Comment on the list or edit either wiki page as you wish to add comments
or alternate designs.

--Tim Larson

Re: Conversion Schema XSD to woody Form.. possible ?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 16.02.2004 17:27, Nicolas Maisonneuve wrote:

> hy, with the woody new features (dynamic widget, etc..) ,do you think
> that it's theoricaly possible to create a tools to convert XSD to
> woody form ?

We have to ask somebody who knows the dynamic widgets at best: Tim, are
you listening? May I ask what's your specific use case for this?

Joerg