Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org> on 2019/11/01 02:32:48 UTC

Re: Recommended IDE for JAMES Dev?

Hi Jerry,

I'm working on a refresh of build instructions for contributors [1].

IntelliJ (community version) is working great.

[1] https://github.com/linagora/james-project/pull/2792

Regards,

Benoit

Posted by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com>.
Duc,

I looked closer at the maven log.  Seems my maven build was falling back
to using my old java8 instead of java11.  Amazing how much better things
work when using the right Java version.... :-)

Actually, Tellier is in the process of updating the 'how to build james'
document.  I am hoping to test the process documented there for
IntelliJ.  If what is there is not correct even in the updated version,
I want to be sure and let Tellier know the fully correct procedure.
I'll play around with your suggestion.

I'm pure Spring right now.  Plans are to move to docker, etc in the
future.  But I'm still not 100% up and running on the spring version
yet.  it would be great if I could first debug the spring version as it
is before having to enter the docker world.

Jerry

Posted by Đức Trần Tiến <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com>.
Duc,