Posted to rampart-c-dev@ws.apache.org by Damitha Kumarage <da...@wso2.com> on 2010/05/14 06:03:25 UTC

Re: [axis2/C] Is there a test framework?

Nadir Amra wrote:
> In Axis C++ we had a test framework built around ant where a test entails:
>
>  - start java mock server with canned response file
>  -  the Web service client application gets created (entails generating
> stubs against a WSDL,, compiling and building client application)
>  - The client application is invoked, client sends request and the
> response is written to stdout.
>  -  The response is captured and compared with a "good"response output
> that was previously generated and FAIL or SUCCESS is posted to a file. In
> addition, it is possible to compare the request/response streams that is
> sent received.
>

> Is there such a framework in AXIS2/C?  If not, I am thinking that we
> should bring that forward and tailor it to axis2/C.  Any objections?

AFAIK there is no such frame work for Axis2/C. This would be a great
addition.

Thanks,
Damitha
> Nadir Amra
> Integrated Web Services for IBM i Operating System
> Internet: amra@us.ibm.com

Damitha Kumarage
Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.
"Oxygenating the Web Service Platform; " http://www.wso2.com/

blog: " http://damithakumarage.wordpress.com/

Re: [axis2/C] Is there a test framework?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Damitha Kumarage <da...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Nadir Amra wrote:
>
>> In Axis C++ we had a test framework built around ant where a test entails:
>>
>>  - start java mock server with canned response file
>>  -  the Web service client application gets created (entails generating
>> stubs against a WSDL,, compiling and building client application)
>>  - The client application is invoked, client sends request and the
>> response is written to stdout.  -  The response is captured and compared
>> with a "good"response output that was previously generated and FAIL or
>> SUCCESS is posted to a file. In addition, it is possible to compare the
>> request/response streams that is sent received.
>> Is there such a framework in AXIS2/C?  If not, I am thinking that we
>> should bring that forward and tailor it to axis2/C.  Any objections?
>>

> AFAIK there is no such frame work for Axis2/C. This would be a great
> addition.

+1 for adding the test framework.

Samisa...

> Thanks,
> Damitha
>
>  Nadir Amra
>> Integrated Web Services for IBM i Operating System
>> Internet: amra@us.ibm.com

> Damitha Kumarage
> Technical Lead; WSO2 Inc.
> "Oxygenating the Web Service Platform; " http://www.wso2.com/
>
> blog: " http://damithakumarage.wordpress.com/

Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering - WSO2 Inc.

http://wso2.com/ - "lean . enterprise . middleware"

Re: [axis2/C] Is there a test framework?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.