Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/18 23:58:36 UTC

Tomcat, windows and more memory

How do you configure Tomcat (4.1.31) to be allocated
more memory in Windows when using the installed
"Programs/Apache Tomcat 4.1/Start Tomcat" shortcuts?

These shortcuts do not seem to use the catalina.bat
file, so setting the JAVA_OPTS there has no effect.

I tried putting the java options -Xmx512 as an extra
shortcut parameter, but then Tomcat didn't even start.

Thanks

Charl

Re: Tomcat, windows and more memory

Posted by Charl Gerber <ch...@yahoo.com>.
This article (thanks for the link) finishes with:

"If Tomcat 4.x is tarted from the Start Menu under
Windows, CATALINA_OPTS has no effect. Please run
<Tomcat_home>\bin\startup.bat."

I take it if you run Tomcat 4.x from the Start Menu,
you there is no way to set options then? *sigh*

Posted by Sergey Livanov <Se...@ukrpost.net>.
Hi, Charl.