Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "K R, Rakesh" <rk...@hpe.com> on 2019/03/10 17:29:39 UTC

group id issue on kafka using C library

Hi,
I am completely new to this kafka.
I was just playing around with example code provided in the repo https://github.com/edenhill/librdkafka/tree/master/examples.
I have encountered an issue where rd_kafka_poll_set_consumer() api throws me an error saying Local: Unknown group (RD_KAFKA_RESP_ERR__UNKNOWN_GROUP )
Using consumer group is mandatory?
I am using librdkafka v1.0.0 (0x10000ff)

Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh K R

Re: group id issue on kafka using C library

Posted by Magnus Edenhill <ma...@edenhill.se>.
You need to explicitly set the "group.id" configuration property (with
rd_kafka_conf_set()) when using the high-level consumer.

Posted by "K R, Rakesh" <rk...@hpe.com>.

Posted by Akshata akshu <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi,