Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Crow Lee Contr 379 ECS <Le...@auab.aorcentaf.af.mil> on 2003/04/21 07:50:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Script alias problem?

Hi all,

I am having a problem with Nagios on Apache.  I have already written the
nagios user group but there isn't much activity on there.  Can someone
please help me out?  My correspondence with the group is pasted below.

Thanks for any help!

Lee

Ok... I looked in the httpd-error.log file and it doesn't look right.  Here
is one of the entries:

script not found or unable to stat: /usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bintac.cgi

This isn't a typo... there is no "/" between cgi-bin and the script to
indicate that the script is in the cgi-bin directory.  However, the URL on
the website looks correct:

http://xxx.xx.xxx.141/nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi
<http://xxx.xx.xxx.141/nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi>

And here is how my httpd.conf file looks from a nagios standpoint.

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin/ <Directory
"/usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin/">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /nagios /usr/local/share/nagios/
<Directory "/usr/local/share/nagios">
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Thanks!

Lee Crow
Sr. LAN/WAN Administrator
ITT Systems Division
---------------------------
Cell: +974-556-3127
DSN: 318-471-2074
Lee.Crow@auab.aorcentaf.af.mil

Posted by Dark Origin <da...@w00p.dk>.
Hello Crow,

Monday, April 21, 2003, 7:50:26 AM, you wrote:

CLC3E> Hi all,

CLC3E> I am having a problem with Nagios on Apache.  I have already written the
CLC3E> nagios user group but there isn't much activity on there.  Can someone
CLC3E> please help me out?  My correspondence with the group is pasted below.

CLC3E> Thanks for any help!

CLC3E> Lee

CLC3E> Ok... I looked in the httpd-error.log file and it doesn't look right.  Here
CLC3E> is one of the entries:

CLC3E> script not found or unable to stat: /usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bintac.cgi

CLC3E> This isn't a typo... there is no "/" between cgi-bin and the script to
CLC3E> indicate that the script is in the cgi-bin directory.  However, the URL on
CLC3E> the website looks correct:

CLC3E> http://xxx.xx.xxx.141/nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi
CLC3E> <http://xxx.xx.xxx.141/nagios/cgi-bin/tac.cgi>

CLC3E> And here is how my httpd.conf file looks from a nagios standpoint.

CLC3E> ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin/ <Directory
CLC3E> "/usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin/">
CLC3E>     AllowOverride AuthConfig
CLC3E>     Options ExecCGI
CLC3E>     Order allow,deny
CLC3E>     Allow from all
CLC3E> </Directory>

CLC3E> Alias /nagios /usr/local/share/nagios/
CLC3E> <Directory "/usr/local/share/nagios">
CLC3E>     Options None
CLC3E>     AllowOverride AuthConfig
CLC3E>     Order allow,deny
CLC3E>     Allow from all
CLC3E> </Directory>

CLC3E> Thanks!

CLC3E> Lee Crow
CLC3E> Sr. LAN/WAN Administrator
CLC3E> ITT Systems Division
CLC3E> ---------------------------
CLC3E> Cell: +974-556-3127
CLC3E> DSN: 318-471-2074
CLC3E> Lee.Crow@auab.aorcentaf.af.mil

CLC3E> -----Original Message-----
CLC3E> From: Subhendu Ghosh [mailto:sghosh@sghosh.org <ma...@sghosh.org> ]
CLC3E> Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2003 3:51 AM
CLC3E> To: nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net
CLC3E> Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Nagios on FreeBSD

CLC3E> On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Crow Lee Contr 379 ECS wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I installed nagios about a week ago.  I just got the config files
>> right to where when I run the check on them I get zero errors.
>> Whoopie!
>>
>> Anyway, I can get to my nagios web site and view all of the
>> documentation. However, when I try to click on any of the cgi links I
>> get a 404 error.  I set up the authentication for the cgi scripts and
>> I am logged in as nagiosadmin.  Here is my setup.
>>
>> OS: FreeBSD
>> Nagios installed from port with all required software
>> 2 drwxrwxr-x   2 nagios  nagios    512 Apr 15 10:59 cgi-bin
>> In my httpd.conf file I have:
>>
>> ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin <Directory
>> "/usr/local/share/nagios/cgi-bin">
>>     AllowOverride AuthConfig
>>     Options ExecCGI
>>     Order allow,deny
>>     Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> Alias /nagios /usr/local/share/nagios/
>> <Directory "/usr/local/share/nagios">
>>     Options None
>>     AllowOverride AuthConfig
>>     Order allow,deny
>>     Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly
>> appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Lee Crow
>> Sr. LAN/WAN Administrator
>> ITT Systems Division

CLC3E> Do the apache logs provide any hints?

CLC3E> -sg

I don't know ....

Alias /nagios /usr/local/share/nagios/

this maybe ? should it not be:

Alias /nagios /usr/local/share/nagios

without the trailing slash. Have you tried to do all of the dirs
without trailing slashes ?

Sorry if this don't help, I have little, if any, expirience with
nagios. But sometimes it's small mistakes and/or typos that mess it
all up :)

--
Best regards,
 Dark