Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shardul Bhatt <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/11 14:33:56 UTC

Tomcat Deploy Task Error

I am using

ANT 1.6.5
Luntbuild 1.3.6.
Tomcat 6.0

The task below is for deploying the application to Tomcat

 <target name="deploy" description="Deploys the Web Application" >
         <deploy url="${manager.url}" username="${username}"
password="${password}" path="/${app.name}"
         war="file:${basedir}/${app.name}.war"/>
 </target>

All the variables are fetched from a properties file and the values  fetched
are correct.

 Contents of the properties file

 tomcat.home=C:/Java/Tomcat6.0
 manager.url=http://localhost:8080/manager/html
 username=tomcat
 password=tomcat
 app.name=ajaxapp

 Below is the error message I get when the Deploy task is executed

 The name of my applcation is 'ajaxapp'

 java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
 http://localhost:8080/manager/html/deploy?path=%2Fajaxapp

Somehow %2F is inserted between the '=' and the 'application name' and
this makes the build fail.

I have also tried removing '/' from in front of the application name. It
gives me this error

Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
http://localhost:8080/manager/html/deploy?path=ajaxapp

Any body, any idea where am I making the mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Shardul.