Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Ruppin <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/13 14:15:34 UTC

extends attribute

For an exercise, I decided to try using a JSP for my
definitions, as opposed to XML.  All went fine until I
tried to implement a definition with an extends
attribute.  It works fine in XML, but in a JSP I
get:javax.servlet.ServletException: Can't get
definitions factory from context.  Both my JSP and XML
tests used the same struts-1.1-rc1 jars, in Tomcat
4.1.18. Can this not be done?  I've never seen an
example, but all the documentation I've found
indicates this is a valid tag attribute.  My war
files:
http://snow.prohosting.com/mruppin/tilesxml.war
http://snow.prohosting.com/mruppin/tilesjsp.war

resource attribute of validator msg element

Posted by Michael Ruppin <mr...@yahoo.com>.
Is anyone successfully using the resource attribute
[set to false] in a msg element?  resource="false"
works fine for me in arg elements, but in a msg
element it has no effect.  My documentation indicates
this can be done, and it's defined in the 1.1-rc1
validator_1_0.dtd, but I can't get it to work.

Regards,
Mike

Re: extends attribute

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  The extends attribute refer to a definition in the factory
(initialized from the config file). The definitions define directly in a
jsp page are not stored in the factory, but in a jsp context, so they
can't be found by the extends attribute. This is certainly something to
improve, but the ability to define definitions in jsp is not often used.
It is usually replaced by the use of an xml config file.

      Cedric