Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> on 2010/04/04 00:27:42 UTC

Re: [GSoC] Some questions regarding 'Sending random data crashes Thrift service'

Rajeev -

It may turn out to be a simple solution or it may not. The problem is that I
don't think anyone knows what the best approach is just yet.

I'd certainly love to have someone dedicate time to fixing this problem, as
would many other Thrifters, clearly. I'd be glad to mentor this project if
you need one.

On a side note, if this project doesn't seem like it'd be sufficient, I'm
sure we could find something else Thrift-related for you to work on all
summer. Send me an email directly if you'd like to explore this alternative.

-Bryan