Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 14:20:44 UTC

Roll back on a tag

Hi All,
 I have a new dev who checked out a tag, then accidentally committed back to
the same tag.  I found a way to do it here.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn-book.html#svn.branchmerge.commonuses.undo

However the current repository version is at 426, the tags "correct" version
is 211.  If I execute

svn merge -c -211 http://sourceforge/epay/tags/epay-1.0.5

Will that roll the whole repository back, or just the tag?

Thanks,
Todd

Re: Roll back on a tag

Posted by Mark Reibert <sv...@reibert.com>.
If you are looking to restore the original tag, why not just:

svn rm http://sourceforge/epay/tags/epay-1.0.5

svn cp -r 211 http://sourceforge/epay/tags/epay-1.0.5 \
              http://sourceforge/epay/tags/epay-1.0.5

Interestingly enough, I would have expected to use the command:

svn cp http://sourceforge/epay/tags/epay-1.0.5@211 \
       http://sourceforge/epay/tags/epay-1.0.5

But for some reason that escapes me after reading the SVN book, the
above command just complained about the peg revision not existing in
HEAD. Hmm.