Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com> on 2009/12/19 20:37:54 UTC

Re: Sort fields all look Strings in field cache, no matter schema type

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Jay Hill <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing that struck me as odd in the output of the stats.jsp page is that
> the field cache always shows a String type for a field, even if it is not a
> String. For example, the output below is for a field "cscore" that is a
> double:

What's the class type of the double?  Older style SortableDouble had
to use the string index.  Newer style trie-double based should use a
double[].

It also matters what the FieldCache entry is being used for... certain
things like faceting on single valued fields still use the
StringIndex.  I believe the stats component does too.  Sorting and
function queries should work as expected.

-Yonik

Re: Sort fields all look Strings in field cache, no matter schema type

Posted by Jay Hill <ja...@gmail.com>.
Oh, forgot to add (just to keep the thread complete), the field is being
used for a sort, so it was able to use TrieDoubleField.

Thanks again,
-Jay

Posted by Jay Hill <ja...@gmail.com>.