Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Ax...@europe.adp.com> on 2005/03/01 18:15:10 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] unable to start Apache 2.0 with libmod_sm20.so on RH 4.0 ES

This is not an Apache problem. The problem is in your Siteminder configuration.

Configuration of the WebAgent configuration for libmod_sm20.so is tricky, especially if you are using one of the early versions of this module, specifically in 5QMR6. In 5QMR6 the agent is very unstable. If you are using 5QMR6 your should consider migrating to 5QMR7 HF003. Keep in mind that the configuration of mod2_sm.so is very different from the configuration of libmod_sm20.so.

Without having seen your conf, I guess the problem is in your configuration. Read the WebAgent Installation Guide as well as the release notes and follow the instructions carefully. Make sure your environment variables NETE_WA_PATH, NETE_WA_ROOT, LD_LIBRARY_PATH or Linux equivalent are set according to the documentation. Create the WebAgent.conf file using the script <SM_ROOT>/siteminder5/webagent/bin/nete-wa-config

-ascs

#0  0x00b33806 in SmInit () from
/usr/local/netegrity/siteminder/webagent/lib/libmod_sm20.so
#1  0x009b4515 in ap_run_post_config () from /usr/sbin/httpd
#2  0x009ba2af in main () from /usr/sbin/httpd
(gdb)

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Saqib Ali
http://validate.sf.net

             Joe Orton
             <jorton@redhat.co
             Sent by:                  Saqib.N.Ali@seagate.com
             nahant-list-bounc                                          cc
             es@redhat.com             nahant-list@redhat.com,
             No Phone Info             users@httpd.apache.org
             Available                                             Subject
                                       Re: [users@httpd] unable to start
                                       Apache 2.0 with libmod_sm20.so on
             02/25/2005 12:53          RH 4.0 ES
             AM

             Please respond to
                 "Red Hat
             Enterprise Linux
                4 (Nahant)
             Discussion List"
             <nahant-list@redh
                  at.com>

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 10:07:00PM -0800, Saqib.N.Ali@seagate.com wrote:
> After enabling the SiteMinder WebAgent Module (libmod_sm20.so), the
Apache
> 2.x does not start anymore. There are no error msg in the error_log or
the
> "apachectl configtest". But the apache doesn't start either.
>
> I am using RH 4.0 ES with the defualt Apache installation. The SELinux
> option is set to disabled.

Is it segfaulting?  Try:

# gdb /usr/sbin/httpd
(gdb) run -X