Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Varga Zsombor <va...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/25 08:49:43 UTC

xml parsing

Hi!

Ther is an URL wich provide me an xml. Some data from this xml i have
to load into a database. Can i somehow do this with cocoon or i have
to write a Java program, which will parse the xml and load the data
into the database?

Thanks:

Zsombor

Re: xml parsing

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 25.05.2007 08:49, Varga Zsombor wrote:

> Ther is an URL wich provide me an xml. Some data from this xml i have
> to load into a database. Can i somehow do this with cocoon or i have
> to write a Java program, which will parse the xml and load the data
> into the database?

Hi Varga,

there is a proxy block. With its generators (e.g.
WebServiceProxyGenerator [1]) you can get the XML from the URL. In
simple cases (GET) it also works with the plain FileGenerator [2].

Writing into the database can happen with the SQLTransformer [3].

Regards,
Joerg

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/wsproxy-generator.html
[2] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/default/file-generator.html